Quote

"... from personal experience that when the people we love make choices, we don't always understand them. But we can go on loving them, just the same. It isn't a matter of comprehension. It's forgiveness."
Jodi Picoult - Vanishing Acts

Friday, March 30, 2007

BookList...

Since Lana had listed her preggie bibles... Here are some of my wishlist for coming summer read :D

I enjoyed his last book The Kite Runner. "A thousand splendid suns" covers three decades of anti-Soviet jihad, civil war and Taliban tyranny through the lives of two women. Kh@led Hosseini quoted it's about love, self-sacrifice and friendship. I think this will be a good read :)

I have read all the shopaholic series.. except for this one... I am waiting for the paperback version that hasn't come out yet. And I'm a cheapskate who is not willing to pay rm69.90 for a book ( especially when i can get it for rm35).

I loved half.com where you can get good books for usd1-2. I bought a lot of books from there and i found that most of the books are in good conditions. Some of them even looked brand new! Too bad.. malaysia doesnt have it...

I'm one of the people who like to finish a book in one or two sittings. Cozy couch, dim light, some candles, with slow music at the backgroud, smell of coffee... and a good book.. My definition of relaxation...

Here are some of my collections that is in my to-read-list...
1. harvesting the heart - jody picoult ( loved her "my sister's keeper" book)
2. the blind assasin - margaret atwood
3. everyone worth knowing - Lauren Weisberger (author of the devil wears prada)
4. secret life of bees - sue monk kidd
5. middlesex - Jeffrey Eugenides

Thank God it's friday!!!

No comments: