Quote

"... from personal experience that when the people we love make choices, we don't always understand them. But we can go on loving them, just the same. It isn't a matter of comprehension. It's forgiveness."
Jodi Picoult - Vanishing Acts

Thursday, May 10, 2007

PixArt Result

It’s been awhile since my last update. Anyway, I’ve received my pixart order, and I can say that I am satisfied with it. Although some pictures which look like 0.1% dark in my laptop, look darker in the book. So my advice is, if you’re doing black-and-white pictures, make sure it’s not too dark. Here are some samples of the pixart photobook.

Front

Inside

Yesterday, I had my second experience of donating blood. My first time was 6 years ago at Uitm Shah Alam. Me and roommates were having a pact to go together, and at that time, just looking at the needle, I cringed. But since I already agreed to go with friends, I just went ahead and did it which turned out wasn’t so bad anyway....

The blood donation this time was held at the next building of my office. I went there accompanied by my colleagues after lunch. Basically here are the processes that you have to go through if you want to donate blood. First, you would need to fill out a form; it’s just a questionnaire about health history and stuff like that. After that, the nurse would ask you general questions, like whether you had at least 5 hours of sleep the night before and whether your weight is above the recommended weight (45 kg btw).

After that they would measure your Hb (haemoglobin) level to see whether you have enough Hb to donate. They would prick your finger with a small needle, and draw very little blood. If you’re a first timer, usually they would also detect your blood type.

When they say that you are eligible to donate, they would ask you to lie down on a bed . Firstly, they would put on cuff-like-thing above your elbow. Then they would find your vein, and inject the needle (which I thought is anaesthesia). Then after that, they would stick in the needle to draw the blood. Will you feel pain? Hmmm, not really, I can say that the pain that I felt only the needle prick. If you have a thing about needle, better if you don't look while they're doing it.

This time, my experience was different than my first one. After 5 minutes, I started to get chills/tingling sensations on my fingers, then suddenly it moves to my arm… Then I thought maybe the cuff was too tight (it did feel like it was tight!). Then I started to get chill sweat on my neck, after that I felt a bit dizzy. Thus, I started to move my arm and body just to be relax and comfortable. Guess what they didn’t tell, you’re not supposed to move your blood-drawing-arm. The needle moved in my vein, and then caused the blood to clot, so the flow stopped. In the end, I only get half a pint of blood drawn because my restlessness.

Surely, my experience was not so-very pleasant. But knowing the effect, it's worth every minute.

No comments: