Quote

"... from personal experience that when the people we love make choices, we don't always understand them. But we can go on loving them, just the same. It isn't a matter of comprehension. It's forgiveness."
Jodi Picoult - Vanishing Acts

Friday, December 07, 2007

New Year’s Resolutions…

I know… I know… It’s just early December, and here I am starting to make a list of New Year’s resolutions, when I could barely remember what were my 2007 resolutions… I’m sure it has anything to do with…. hmmmm… hmmmm… it must be something.

As someone who has a temper like me, I could be easily ticked by horrible traffic or even inconsiderate people, so I guess one of my new year’s resolution is to have a bigger heart and more patience, be it irresponsible drivers on the road, no-parking and horrible traffic in kg Air area, or inconsiderate or rude people who I encounter at times. So, the key is I guess to take long breathes in and just try not to curse or lose patience (it is so hard to not lose patience when it’s 38 degrees outside) even when I’m boiling 100 degrees inside. It’s like the ad in mix-fm, how many times have you lose your temper, just because you snapped?

Have a healthy lifestyle. Meaning less coffee… More plain water… More fruits and vegetables… Take the stairs instead of the lift… Maybe join a gym/class… I’m sure all of these would give me my energy back, and bye-bye to lethargy and occasional nausea…

Spend more time important people in my life instead of spending time with two-dimensional people and also keep in touch with old friends.

Be financially wise. Which is hard for women (opss… sorry for generalizing. I guess this is an issue for men as well). This means less shopping including those cutesie stuff for my little nieces. I swore I tried not to shop, but those pink little boots just screamed, “Get me!”. And cut down expenses in the drugstore, I know I always have excuse to get a new pink blusher or a new moisturizer, then when I get home, I realized I have 5 different types of moisturizer. Blame it on the hormonal urges, heheheh… While most of getting-married friends are saving for the wedding fund, it doesn’t mean I don’t have to save for my single-in-the-city life :D Quoting from Rich Women: A book on investing for Women; Money is not the most important thing in the world, but it affects important things in our lives (e.g. health care, education, oh and not forgetting a lavish wedding.. heheheh)

Will add more to this list ...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yeah, maybe i'll start making my list too!