Quote

"... from personal experience that when the people we love make choices, we don't always understand them. But we can go on loving them, just the same. It isn't a matter of comprehension. It's forgiveness."
Jodi Picoult - Vanishing Acts

Friday, December 05, 2008

(untitled)

It rained yesterday evening so I didn't get to jog :(


I needed to get my blood flow moving, and that was exactly what I did last Tuesday... I hope the wide-spread myth about regular-donors will gain weight is not true...

update:
"Hi! No, I don't believe that donating blood contributes to weight loss or weight gain. It does, however, cause your heart to replenish the lost blood with a fresh new supply which can be healthy in exercising your heart and giving your body a fresh new supply of blood to work with, which I'm told is healthy for you. Donating blood won't help you to lose weight, but it won't make you gain any, either and can help contribute to a healthier body in at least a minor way."
from here
I am in the pms-mood ever... I feel like chewing everybody's head off!!!

8 comments:

rozanna- said...

i applaud u uji! i tak pernah lagi derma darah because i'm scared of needles and darah.

(this is coming from someone who had a tube stuck in her lungs for 2 weeks ... ironic nya kan?)

uji said...

rozanna, u didn't see me... My hand was shaking masa nurse tu poked the needle in! I didn't even dare to look!

iL4na said...

ujieee well done dear for donating your blood. Dulu i every year ke every sem derma waktu Alevel x tau pulak we can gain weight becoz of that yeke?? btw pms pms lets chew them head off :P

uji said...

Lana: Rajinnya u donate dulu, did they always have blood drive every year? I only go if the room is hidden, coz malulah wanna lie down in the middle of shopping mall. Heheheh.. I think the weight gain tu tipulah, just wanna scare people off...

Bestlah you lana, 2 years of no pms! Is it true missing big P and automatically the raging mood swings are gone?

ar3p said...

hi ujie bujie...
blood donation eh? cool2...hehe

Anonymous said...

cool? by donating, i don't feel so bad for weighing >45 kilos... At least I'm eligible to donate!

Ara^Pearl said...

I applaud you too... My excuse dolu2 was not enough berat to be eligible donater. now I weigh more than 40 still fikir mnyk kali. the last time in July I dicucuk jarum was for blood check for penyakit Untut *at skul. ... But I kind of sudah okay with dentist's needle/syringe :) I'm still waiting for courage to run in my vein to donate. (or a partner to push me to do it)

iL4na said...

mana der ujiez. i rasa i kadang2 mood swing gak walaupun without the big P. but i notice not as often as last time laa :P