Quote

"... from personal experience that when the people we love make choices, we don't always understand them. But we can go on loving them, just the same. It isn't a matter of comprehension. It's forgiveness."
Jodi Picoult - Vanishing Acts

Thursday, January 01, 2009

16 random things

Aik, I think last time it was only 8 random things, now it has gone to 16... I hope the next time it won't be 24... heheheheh

So here it is 16 random things about me tagged by Lana.

1. I sleep with the lights ON every NIGHT. Nope, I'm not scared of the dark... not at all, but I get restless with the lights off(I mean what can you do with the lights off just alone with your thoughts?) So, usually I read until I doze off every night. When I was small, dad was kind enough to check on me and switch off the light, now... the light is on until I wake up in the morning.

2. I have a thing for Lists! My organizer is soooo FULL with lists. List bills to pay lah... things to do... books to read... things i paid... Not that I rigidly follow my to-do-list but it helps me to be a lil more organized.

3. I have changed job (careerwise still in the same industry) 3 times since graduating.

4. I skipped primary 5 - hopping to primary 6 when I was in Primary School. So, in high school, I was a year younger than the rest of my classmates.

5. Despite my fear of public speaking, I was forced to be MC for an annual dinner during my first job. And heck I was supernervous - I think I got stage fright! But lucky me, I didn't trip on the stage (despite my long dress) or stumble on words.

6. Back in high school-my ambition was to be an accountant. Siap mintak tukar major to accountancy from JPA when I was offered to do IT.

7. I'm more of follow-your-head than follow-your-heart kinda person. Tapi at times hormones do intervene... Reality and practicality rules!

8. Same with Rozanna, I don't really watch TV anymore. Now, I just watched downloaded shows (A LOT!).

9. A tad perfectionista - in certain things onlylah... If I want to do a certain things well and done in time- then I would do it. Once upon a time, I used to sort my clothes according to colors, erk how obsessive is that (or maybe I had too much time in my hand!)?

10. I can be compulsive at times - I recheck my car/house whether it's locked a few times. Sometimes I would go through the extra hassle of going back to the car even when I already reached the office door (shopping mall's door).

11. I realized I was shortsighted in high school-tapi despise glasses. So started pakai contacts when in UiTM until now.

12. Think more of practicality of the things I bought now. Back when I was a student, mmg shoppacraze lah-the temptations to shop were everywhere- online shopping, crossgates, factory outlets... Now, buying clothes/handbags/shoes makes me think gazillion times, tapi spending money on good mosturizer, new bowling ball ok pulak.

13. I have a horrible habit of eating junk food while driving home - mostly when driving to parents home!

14. As a typical Taurus-ian, I am stubbbooornn as hell. If I want something then I'll damn make sure I'll get it!

15. When asked where I'm from, I always say from Papar but I grew up in few places, spent primary school years in Keningau and high school in KK. So, when asked about things/people from Papar, I have no idea. Is there any correct answer for that question? Does it mean, where you grew up? Or where did you spend your childhood?

16. I still can't believe I am 25 years old and to be 26 years old this year!

I'm gonna end this tag here, but feel free to do this tag if you want ;)

Happy New Year!

5 comments:

rozanna- said...

ok uji, kita banyak persamaan. i tak le tido dalam gelap jugak, but lights terang sangat, so i use a candle. and the thing abt lists .. i have this obsession with excel sheet. hehe. and i wanted to be an accountant when i was in high school too!

it's ok uji.. don't have to feel bad. i'll be 27 this year! (damn...)

uji said...

eh rozanna, i thought u're a bit compulsive too? Hehehehe...

iL4na said...

im 26 turning 27 this month!! Arghh lagi takott ok :P:P btw tnx for doing up the tag :)

Ara^Pearl said...

hye oojiez.. psstt ... i sleep with the light on too.. hehe .. not the reading lamp tau ... the flouresent lamp. so much uncertainties in the dark :)
anyway its me .. barb. heee

uji said...

Samalah kita barb- I sleep with the flourescent light too! There's a comfort that comes with it :)