Quote

"... from personal experience that when the people we love make choices, we don't always understand them. But we can go on loving them, just the same. It isn't a matter of comprehension. It's forgiveness."
Jodi Picoult - Vanishing Acts

Thursday, June 28, 2007

mission impossible...

There's nothing wrong with writing two entries in a day, right?

I am not joining the 7th Sutera Harbor charity run this year, which will be held on 7/7/07 at 5.17pm at lot 77, Sutera Harbor. So... I need new mission! After watching the show "renovate my wardrobe" on channel 77, Astro, I said to myself that's exactly what I need. Researching on closet organization tips, I have some idea in mind. First of all, have a place for everything, this would make searching for things easier. Like most girls, I store everything from the old days until now. ( I still keep hockey game stubs and movie stubs from RPI days). All of them have sentimental value. When I look at the almost fading prints on the movie stubs, I remember those were the days after hard days of signal & systems exams. While looking at the hockey ticket stubs, I remember the "let's go red" screams at Houston Field house. I'm a sucker for old memories :|

I am very protective of my belonging, so all books are being kept in my room instead of in the common bookshelf. Books are arranged by author and size. hardcover books with hardcover and paperback with paperback. English/Malay would be separate as well and college textbooks are safely kept in a box. Maybe I should have some sort of system for my books. or maybe that's a little too much, huh? Hehehe... I have 4 photo albums from RPI, plus another 2 albums that I just printed here. All digital pictures HAVE to be burned on to dvd or cd, chronologically. Who knows what might happen to hard disk right?

Clothes.... tricky for women... The idea is to organize closet by season. Okay fine, we don't exactly have 4 seasons here, but just use the concept as an excuse to keep your closet organized. Use the same hanger color so that it will look organize, and facing one way only (why do you think clothes shop look so organize?). If you want to be a neat freak in folding your clothes,use a standard paper (i previously used clip folder) as a standard measurement to fold your clothes. The turnout will be... your clothes will have the same width, and will look very very neat.

A tips from my friend mel is to arrange your handbag like you arrange your books :D For shoes... if you have way too many... you can put them in shoe boxes, stick Polaroid of the shoes at the side, and just stack em on top of each other.

This is a little too much huh... Where does the accessories go? Art supplies? Magazines? All-sort-of-creams? Mani/Pedi kit? Teddy bears? Gifts from people?

Oh.. and this is why I call it the mission impossible... or maybe I'm just an anal retentive person, huh?

No comments: