Quote

"... from personal experience that when the people we love make choices, we don't always understand them. But we can go on loving them, just the same. It isn't a matter of comprehension. It's forgiveness."
Jodi Picoult - Vanishing Acts

Thursday, May 14, 2009

fight-or-flight

I don't do fights. In fact I hate fights because I don't even know how to fight fair. Being a taurus that makes it even worse, we taurus are stubborn creatures. How the hell do they do that in the movie? Like fighting so calmly without screaming and screeching noises? Most of the time I choose to flight and brood in silence. You can totally tell that I'm pissed cause you'll get that cold shoulder aura from me. But I'll turn around eventually, I always do.

Don't blame me for this, maybe I do have overdrive biological cue for my fight-or-flight response?

Males and females tend to deal with stressful situations differently. Males are more likely to respond to an emergency situation with aggression (fight), while females are more likely to flee (flight) turn to others for help, or attempt to diffuse the situation -'tend and befriend'.


Do you fight or flight?

2 comments:

rozanna- said...

i always flight .. but one day i was so fed up i did put up a fight and it felt so damn good =)

uji said...

oooowww... i wonder how would that feels. i don't knowlah, i don't think i'm the fighting type. tapi i can imagine how light that must've been felt afterwards, getting everything off your chest ...