Quote

"... from personal experience that when the people we love make choices, we don't always understand them. But we can go on loving them, just the same. It isn't a matter of comprehension. It's forgiveness."
Jodi Picoult - Vanishing Acts

Sunday, December 03, 2006

So much for a happy ending.....

Weekend feels so short :| And I am stuck in the office on Sunday night. Well... It's not so bad actually. At least I have my space which is great! It's the school holidays, and kids are running around in the mall, in the restaurant, everywhere. You really should avoid malls during school holidays, all the de-stressing from shopping would be gone with the sound of kids screaming and crying.

Anyway, I think people should stop making New Year's resolutions. People only get excited about New Year's resolutions during the first few weeks... If you make tons of resolutions like me, you would end up disappointed and feel like a failure at this time of the year, when you realized that none of your resolutions are accomplished.So, here are few tips to make New Year's resolutions.

* STEP 1: Be realistic by setting achievable goals. Winning the lottery, for example, is out of your grasp.
* STEP 2: Describe your resolutions in specific terms. Instead of "I don't want to be lazy," opt for "I want to exercise regularly" or "I will cut down on my television watching."
* STEP 3: Break down large goals into smaller ones. For instance, commit to losing weight by resolving to join a gym and improve your eating habits.
* STEP 4: Find alternatives to a behavior that you want to change, and make this part of your resolution plan. So you want to quit smoking but you smoked to relax yourself? What other forms of relaxation are available to you?
* STEP 5: Above all, aim for things that are truly important to you, not what you think you ought to do or what others expect of you.

Someone used to say to me that life would be different after stepping out of college. Since we were small, we're accustomed to structured environment, where in a specific situation there are specific rules and goals to achieve. So supposedly, after you graduated, you are free to try out new things that you haven't gotten the time to. This makes me think that I should take new hobbies for next year. Sometimes I feel my life feels so predictable and soo routine. I can try to be outdoorsy, but I dislike being sweaty in the hot weather. I can take up music lessons, but I've asked 4 people to teach me guitar, and the only chords I know are C, D, Em and G. The only thing that I like is trying out new restaurants in town :p

Lana's wedding is in two weeks time. Shoutout to Lana, I'm sooo happy for you that you find your other half. Good luck with your wedding preparations, I'm sure it's going to be fabulous!!!! Mel and Jinn, I can't wait for you two to come here!!! Please, New Year come faster!!!!

No comments: