Quote

"... from personal experience that when the people we love make choices, we don't always understand them. But we can go on loving them, just the same. It isn't a matter of comprehension. It's forgiveness."
Jodi Picoult - Vanishing Acts

Friday, July 06, 2007

18+G

I know today is Friday, and I'm supposed to write about something happy, jolly, and uplifting since TGIF. Instead, I'm going to write something gross and possibly could make you nauseous. So, for those who have weak stomach, mmmm, maybe it's time to stop reading.

I had been a contact lens wearer since 2000, and continued until now. But I have no idea why my eyes have been acting very rebellious against me since I came back here. To quote history, I've had conjunctivitis and two Hordelom since then. I wonder if it's because they can't see hot men walking by anymore? Hehehehe. I sure hope that's not the reason.

I never had any surgery done (thankfully), until I had my Hordelom minor surgery. Hordelom is the clinical term for commonly known as stye or in malay, ketumbit. The old people say, you'll get ketumbit when you peep people or in other words, watch something that you shouldn't have. I guess now it's out there that I am a peeping tom. Hehehehe... The home remedy by old people is to wear a black string on one of your fingers, or rub gold on your eye.

That didn't really work out for me. So, I had two eye surgery done. First, the doctor would inject a local anesthesia on your eyelid, depending where the stye is. The moment he injects, you can actually feel like acid going through your eye area. It's that painful. For both times, I couldn't help but cried because it was painful. The worse thing is that you can actually see the doctor doing it on your eye because you have to keep your eye open during the entire process.

After 10 to 15 minutes, once the LA kicked in, the dr put a device on your eyelid to keep it opened while he digged up the good stuff. When he has the access, he cut through the affected area, and did the drainage (Warning:Do not click if you have weak stomach) with small little scoop-like equipment. During this, there would be red blood oozing out of your eyelid. This part wasn't that painful, just uncomfortable and gross. Thankfully, I had someone who's willing to hold my hand after the whole gruesome process :)

When the whole thing is cleaned up, you'll have the pirates bandage on your eye. So that's kinda cool.



Love your eyes!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

man, reminded me of my own minor eye surgery.twice pulak tu! pretty shitty. aku pon tangkap gambar lepas surgery. hehehehe.

Anonymous said...

erk .. i had conjunctivities last year and it was already a painful experience for me. couldn't imagine being in your shoes ... (you know me, always so penakut with needles and surgeries and all hehehe).

anyway, get well soon yea.

Anonymous said...

get well soon ujiez