Quote

"... from personal experience that when the people we love make choices, we don't always understand them. But we can go on loving them, just the same. It isn't a matter of comprehension. It's forgiveness."
Jodi Picoult - Vanishing Acts

Thursday, July 19, 2007

tva

I think there should be a tva (stands for tvholic anonymous)... I'm uj1, and i'm a tv-holic. Sometimes I think I spend way too much time with 2-dimensional people than 3-dimensional one :D Humans are 3-dimensional right?

Anyway... Here are old tv shows that I used to watch....

F.r.i.e.n.d.s
I love friends!!! It's a story about 6 friends navigating life in NYC. I missed the first few seasons when there were aired, but thanks to phynd (large campus network sharing), I got to catch up on some old episodes. It was aired every Thursday on NBC. I remembered watching season finale of season 8, most people were staying at barh, everybody screamed when Joey found Ross's engagement ring, and Rachel said "yes" because she thought Joey was proposing... Such a cliffhanger huh?
What I think about the season finale? Like how it should end. Ross & Rachel are together, Chandler & Monica got their adopted twin babies, Phoebe was married and Joey pursuing career in LA. Oh and because of Joey of friends, Had1 got his name, Hadi Joey :P


Dawson's Creek
I have a thing for teenage drama. Maybe I'm compensating for the lack of drama in my teenage years. Dawson's Creek, or I think it should be called Joey's Creek because most drama revolved around Joey anyway. It's the usual teenage soap of Dawson, Joey and friends. Surely the way they talked is very matured for teenagers. I don't think teens actually have that wisdom, or can be so articulate in conveying their thoughts. They will have that line, "we need to talk". Then, they would have a long heart-to-heart conversation about whatever issues they had in mind, and then ended it with hug. So much for real-drama huh?

My favorite characters are Jen & Jack. They're so cute together. No, they're not a couple, Jack is actually Jen's gay best friend, kinda like Will & Grace. For the whole 6 seasons, Joey had been battling with the Pacey-Dawson dilemma. She started with Dawson then, Dawson with Jen,then Joey with Pacey, then Dawson wanna be back with Joey. It's the usual love-triange/rectangle. In the end, after a heart breaking death of Jen Lindley (I think I cried when she died..sheeehhh.. It's just a teen drama uj1!!), Joey finally made up her mind to be with Pacey. Come on Joey, it took you 6 seasons to figure that one out!!!


Felicity
Thanks to Mel who introduced me to the show felicity. The show is about Felicity who went to NYU (at first to pursue her high school crush, Ben). The story revolves around Felicity and friends dealing with adjustment and all sort of crisis through college and moving into adulthood. It's another show with the love triangle, Felicity-Ben-Noel.


Will & Grace
Me and Con liked this show, kan Con? Heheheh.. It's a sitcom about Grace, an interior designer and her lawyer best friend, Will. Like described in tv.com, they actually have a bond together, more than friends, but less than lover. The twist is Will is gay. In addition to the two main characters, there are Jack, funny gay best friend of Will and Karen, sarcastic and spoiled.


Other shows :-
everwood - I know Sha actually liked this show! Marcia (Bree of DH) was in this show for few episodes
gilmore girls - yes, we love rory & lorelai. I don't know how they can talk so fast!
charmed - stopped watching the last season. It became boring after awhile. I liked it best when Cole (Julian McMahon) was in the show! He's adorable!!!
alias - another confusing show, but jennifer garner was kicking ass in that show.After watching the first four seasons, I've lost track of the rimbaldi, prophet 5 thing. Does anybody actually understand?

What's your past time tv shows?

Links for the tv addict
- http://www.givememyremote.com/
- http://tvgasm.com/
- http://spoilerfix.com

2 comments:

ULAI said...

get a life man!!!! btw, i don't have astro! :-P

uji said...

these shows play major part in my life :p :p :p