Quote

"... from personal experience that when the people we love make choices, we don't always understand them. But we can go on loving them, just the same. It isn't a matter of comprehension. It's forgiveness."
Jodi Picoult - Vanishing Acts

Monday, July 23, 2007

you can make a difference....

Sigh... Had another long day today... It's Monday, so I guess everybody has his or her own very long day...

Weekend was uneventful. On Saturday, like my normal routine, I would go back to my parents house which is 50 km away (it's not that far!) . When I drove home, it was already dark outside. While I was driving, I tried to change the radio channel, then suddenly I hit something on the road. Not something big, just something small that made my car skidded like 5 inches or so. And my car even had that skidded sound! My heart was beating so fast after that, since I was caught off guard. Not only that, halfway through, it started raining super heavily until I could barely see the road :( So, I had to drive with a speed of 40kms just to be safe.. By the time I reached home, I was super-tired with stiff and achy shoulders. Who knows that driving in super-dark street with super heavy rain can be that stressful?

I was traumatize by the whole experience up till I was sleeping. I even dreamt of running my car off to a lake that night, how scary is that! I think it was karma paying back of my evil and aggressiveness on the road. So today I've became a nice girl on the road and reduce my routine cursing on the road. Also, I won't be picking up phone calls when I'm driving. So if I haven't been picking up your calls, you know I am probably driving (or just an excuse to NOT pick up your calls :p)

Last week alone, I saw two accidents while on my way to work. Nothing major, just bumper to bumper accident, which probably can be prevented by watching their distance. Also, saw two cars getting summoned by the police traffic for hitting the red lights. Not a good time to go out and cruisin' around...

Last advice.. Remember these three words...

"Stop on Red."
You can make a difference....

On last note, check out this interesting link . It will give you reasons to treat your handbag like shoes and not to put your handbags on the dinner table/kitchen counter.

No comments: