Quote

"... from personal experience that when the people we love make choices, we don't always understand them. But we can go on loving them, just the same. It isn't a matter of comprehension. It's forgiveness."
Jodi Picoult - Vanishing Acts

Thursday, July 05, 2007

rules and regulations...

I don't know why certain workplace still think women wearing pants/shirt are inappropriate or informal. If women can wear shirt and skimpy skirt, why are pants wrong? Maybe they're afraid the guys would feel emasculated or threatened by the world of alpha-female taking over them. Then, its not really the women's problem, isn't it?

When I first came back to KK, I was so surprised by the amount of aggressive, ruthless, impatient drivers on the road. But after two years under the bright sun of malaysia, I've become one of them! Hahahaha.. I figured that's the way to survive around here. Btw, driving with a speed of 60km/hr on a monday morning is considered NOT OK. Some people don't have the time to drive with a la....la...la..la... music in our head, we have to get to work, OK!!! Our punch card is waiting!

With my new office hour, I have to get to the office precisely before 8am. Even when I left at 730am from home, there's guarantee that I would reach office on time. Previously, I used to leave home at 8am and get to reach the office before 830am, and my old office is 5 kms away than my current one! Sometimes when I feel like I didn't have enough time or suddenly the traffic became unbelievable I would cheat on the road (cut through from the unused railway track) to get to my office sooner. It's horrible to be doing crime on a bright daylight. Of course while doing the "unlawful act", I had the thought of somebody's taking my picture, or maybe the police could be there and I'll be caught red-handed. Opssss....

Last night, I had another session of self defense class. I learn how to kick, elbow punch and some escape strategies. Oh and we got a preview of next week class, how to escape when a guy is lying on top of you (sexual assault). The techniques that he showed are from Jujutsu, basically you don't have to use your strength, just use your body weight to counter the guy. And from my preview, if the technique is done correctly on a real guy, I can see the guy would go home with a broken arm, twisted wrist, and strained neck instead of the big "O".

I'm off to get some lunch and coffee and be a lawful citizen..

No comments: