Quote

"... from personal experience that when the people we love make choices, we don't always understand them. But we can go on loving them, just the same. It isn't a matter of comprehension. It's forgiveness."
Jodi Picoult - Vanishing Acts

Monday, June 09, 2008

frugality in action

So, over the weekend I've been thinking of new ways to cut down expenses. Every ringgit counts!
1)Thinking of downgrading Streamyx at home. currently using 1MB Rm88 and thinking to switch to 512KB plan RM66 (amount saved RM22). We're using the rm66 plan in papar home for few computers, and so far it's bearable.
2)My mac compact powder is halfway finished (bought in march this year), with everything sooo expensive, there's no way I'm buying another mac (except for its nice concealer). Thinking of switching to less fancy brand (same as whimsy's plan), how's body shop?
3)Make own drinks. Will stock up nescafe 3-in-1 in the office. RM9 for 30 packets (enough for 1 month of caffeine supply)
4)If there's meeting at another dept, walk (instead of drive) under the freakin' hot sun! Plus, I get 15 minutes of free exercise-I'm gonna try this tomorrow.
5)Walk to the market to buy groceries. Pasar/Market is considered near my house. I'm guessing it's less than 1km. Parking near the shops are difficult after work (very limited!), even more the police tend to summon those who park illegally even for 5 minutes (obstructing traffic at highway). I can consider this as my half-marathon training :)
6)Use less aircond- I'm going shopping for a standing fan (good quality one) for papar home, I'm guessing the price should be around rm150. Amount saved from using less-aircond rm40 monthly? I know this is the opposite of saving, but over few months, I should see less electricity bill.
7)Plan journey. Go back to papar-home twice a week only (except when carpooling with others) - or when i'm out of baju/craving for mom's cooking/pick up barang tertinggal papar's closet. With fuel price costing rm2.70/litre, journey from papar home to office can cost whopping rm20 return trip.

So far, I've started my frugal plan for breakfast this morning: 1 cuppa instant coffee and half packet of tiger biscuit... I know... I know... it's sooo inbalanced-no fruits nor protein - but with price of fruits/milk/others go up, who can afford having a truly balance meal?

2 comments:

iL4na said...

wow i need to do this kinda planning also lah. good job ujie

uji said...

hahahha... I soooo not following my frugal plan. Can't sleep with aircond-off.. too hot-takleh sleep. Maybe I should've come up with more realistic plan than this one. Hehehe...