Quote

"... from personal experience that when the people we love make choices, we don't always understand them. But we can go on loving them, just the same. It isn't a matter of comprehension. It's forgiveness."
Jodi Picoult - Vanishing Acts

Monday, June 23, 2008

oh accident!

How was everybody's weekend? Mine was ok...

Almost everyone I know had history of car accident, either minor or major. So far, nothing serious, thankfully.... As for me, I've had series of bumper accidents since foreeeever....

The first one was when I was driving from Papar to KK with my mom and some family members in the car. It was raining, so everybody was driving kinda slow. It was when we reach Kinarut, the traffic was getting slower, so I was trying to create distance from the car in front of me. Then suddenly, I heard a bump from behind... My car was being hit... It turned out, it was 4 cars alltogether, I think Hilux was the last car while me being at the front. Luckily I wasn't too close to the car in front of me, if not, it would be 5 cars altogether. It was raining heavily, and I was soaking wet talking to the cars behind me and while waiting for the police. Good news, the damage to my car wasn't too bad, it was just the bumper. The cars behind me needed insurance to cover their damage tho. So lesson learned, beware of distance with the car in front of you...

Second accident... Bumper again! I was gonna drive to KK from Papar. Near the furniture shop (where there was a curvy-road). People normally slow down at that lane because there's a train-rail there. So as I was slowing down, I was being hit by a lorry. The driver agreed to pay for the damage: RM250. The lorry is owned by a certain hardware store in Papar. I talked to the boss, and the boss/person-who-hit-me agreed to take some money from his paycheck. I feel bad tho. I mean, how much would his salary cost, like rm500 minus the rm250, then he'd left with measly rm250. Lesson: Beware of distance from behind you. If you see them being too close, go front a bit if there's space. No matter how careful you are, be super-extra-careful because you never know how reckless other people are.

Third accident. Guess? Yea, bumper! I was driving into the entrance of wisma kewangan (near sembulan), as I was signalling to go in, I heard a bumper-to-bumper kiss. Great! Another bumper accident. Luckily, it wasn't too bad and the kisser of my car agreed to pay for the damage. Total cost: RM300 - and the person who kiss my car even asked me out for a drink! Heheheh..

The-almost-fourth-accident. It was on my way to work this morning. Those who know KK of course know that this is a city full with roundabouts. I have to go through 5 roundabouts to get to work. So, as I was nearing Yayasan Sabah roundabout, I slowed down (near the bridge), then heard a screeching sound behind me. I was pretty sure the cars behind me pretty much wrecked....

So... please drive carefully... Don't drink and drive or if you're drunk-don't drive. That's my community message. Heheheh..

3 comments:

whimsical said...

heheheeh so, did u go to drink with him?

uji said...

nolah... i think he looked like college kid lah. hahahaha...

whimsical said...

heheheheheh ok bah tu...cradle snatcher...heheheheh