Quote

"... from personal experience that when the people we love make choices, we don't always understand them. But we can go on loving them, just the same. It isn't a matter of comprehension. It's forgiveness."
Jodi Picoult - Vanishing Acts

Friday, October 10, 2008

3R

Reuse... Reduce... Recycle...

To support the 3R.... I have bought few reusable bags, some more fancy (envirosax) and some less fancy (rm2.99 giant reusable bag)... Yes, fancy reusable bags are quite expensive, but it's fun and they're pretty.... So, what's wrong of wanting to practise 3R with fancy things right, it makes things more fun... I even bought jessie & lulu so my niece could use it when we groceries shopping together... Instilling green in kids? BTW, she loves this bag, and insisting on putting everything in here...

But imagine my disappointment when I was trying to use these bag @ Giant. The cashier said I MUST use their (super-thin) plastic bag that can bocor anytime on my way to the car. The reason is.... for security reason (like i would steal stuff!). Okay, that's my 1st experience... Then 2nd time, I bought their giant bag... that time I finally get them to put in my stuff in there... I went ahead and asked them whether it would be okay to bring the bag, and reuse that for my next purchase... And guess what she said, a plain and simple "No". So, I immediately pointed at the bag and said, "oh even tho in the bag it said reuse and recycle?". She simply shrugged. I think I will write about this and put my comment in the comment box...

It's such a disappointing thing actually, especially for big corporation like giant. I know in KL, places like tesco and jusco are already promoting less plastic-usage by their reusable bags. Tesco is selling their reusable bags for 99 cents, and if your bag is damaged, you can get a replacement for free...

I'm teaching my 4 yrs old niece to ask this question to cashier when the cashier insists to put stuff in plastic "But plastic cannot be recycled, and it takes 500 years to decompose. So what do you think?".... Let's see what are their reactions. hehehehhe...

Please click here on tips to reduce plastic (and paper) bag consumption

and be informed by these facts and figures regarding the true cost of plastic bags

I think I will only go to places which supports green.

1 comment:

iL4na said...

ish geramnye dgn those cashier whom are not trained well enough on the sensitivity of ecogreen issues. aperler. I'll try and test this in Tesco Mutiara Damansara and see how it goes. btw evorosax in Tiny Tapir is a must have althought it's RM110 for 5 pieces hehe. Cantik sgt kan???!