Quote

"... from personal experience that when the people we love make choices, we don't always understand them. But we can go on loving them, just the same. It isn't a matter of comprehension. It's forgiveness."
Jodi Picoult - Vanishing Acts

Friday, October 03, 2008

makeup & skincare

Today's entry is for girls only... warning: product review!

I am trying Clinique 3-steps... Let's see if I'm rajin enough to follow the regime when I come home late at night. I'd probably just wash my face and go to sleep straight, and say forget-it to toner&mosturizer. Some says the combinations of 3-steps can be drying on certain skin. For me, the last time I tried the facial soap(bar), it was certainly drying on my skin. So to avoid flaky skin, I choose the mildest of all, facial wash extra mild and toner#2 for dry/combination skin, then followed with dramatically mosturizing gel (oil-free) courtesy of mel who bought it from faraway.

I so like makeup of jlo... Very natural, glowy healthy skin!
Basic makeup:-

Mineralize satinfinish: light coverage, dewy-looking(not matte) and it has SPF15. But... as I said, it's pretty light coverage, and doesn't last as long as studio fix, so sometimes skin can look oily esp on a hot day.


My fav concealer:Studiofinish perfect to hide blemishes/dark circles. The best part of it, I only need very little amount of this, so this one small little pot can last quite awhile.Select Sheer Compact: Hmmm, other than the color is perfect for my skin-tone, I don't think there's anything special with it. I encountered few powders which can look-whitish/greyish on skins (wrong color!), so this is perfect for me. I think I might try body-shop one next time...
I don't really do the perfect-matte-full-makeup, so my foundation which I bought in march last year is still not-finished. Even my concealer still not 1/4 finished.... So, I guess you know how ugly un-polished I look most days.

Advice to girls: i think foundation is the most important makeup, so picking the right color is important. Your foundation is like your face pallete. So, if you have a perfect blemish-free skin, you are truly blessed. To draw colors (eg eye shadows, blushers) on a clean pallate is much better right? So, to choose, we want a color that blends with our skin-tone (read: definitely not lighter or else gonna look like a mask)... Frugal tips: If you find a (cosmetic counter)'s foundation that suits you, maybe you can bring leftovers of foundation and look for the same shade in drugstore. The same goes with compact powder.

Sure, makeup is fun, the blending, the brushing, the mixing and matching... But the worst part of all is removing every little trace of makeup at the end of the day. Don't even mention if putting on eyeliner/mascara, it takes many-many cotton balls with (gentle) eye-makeup remover to get rid of em. I guess that's the reason, I don't even care putting those two on. I truly salute those yang never without makeup, meaning those who take-off makeup for prayer at noon, then put on makeup again after that, then take off again in the evening. That's plentttyyy of work!

So, girls.. have fun with your makeup!

2 comments:

Kim κΉ€ said...

Hi uji...

u like MAC kah? i found this blog selling cosmetics like MAC, bobbi brown, NYX & etc..stocks from US la dia bilang...but harga dunno la cheap or not..baru ni sekali saya order but blum dapat coz 1 items saya rosak..so saya tunggu smua ada baru minta htr...http://keenamaya.blogspot.com
the girl nama dia sofia...

Anonymous said...

foundation is the most important makeup for me. i like the liquid type cos it lasts longer than powder. i am currently learning how to create smokey eyes from youtube video. you should try it.. it's fun! (on special occassions only, definitely not practical for office hehe .. )