Quote

"... from personal experience that when the people we love make choices, we don't always understand them. But we can go on loving them, just the same. It isn't a matter of comprehension. It's forgiveness."
Jodi Picoult - Vanishing Acts

Wednesday, January 09, 2008

miss party planner

On graduation dinner of MASA, I was voted as Miss Party Planner, surely it wasn't as cool as Miss Cool, Miss Superstar, or Miss Rockstar, but hey that's not so bad isn't it. Usually, the grown up birthdays of the family members consist of boring normal family dinner, a cake and finally presents time.But with the new addition of new nieces, I've got to utilize my party planning skills, yeay!!! Which reminds me to tune in to channel 707 for David Tuttera. Kids birthday parties are so much fun, ballons everywhere, colorful deco, goody bags, and all the fun games!

My little niece is turning 1 in 2 weeks, and I'm already in party-planning mood. What's not to like about party, kids have fun and so are the adults (or I think I would). Because of my compulsive list-making, I've written down menu ideas, games, and goodies to give away. For games, what are other games rather than playing the ol' traditional musical chair? It's been awhile since my last kids parties. I've already put down twister(can be played by adult as well), and .... what else?

So, what are your party games?

5 comments:

iL4na said...

waktu bday party i dulu, we used to play kotak beracun where we all sat down in a circle and pass a newspaper wrapped gift while the song was played..once it stopped the person who was holding it will have to be denda.

another one would be dance on a paper wit a couple. once lagu stop lipat kertas tu. sesapa terkeluar paper disqualified.

Anonymous said...

that's right, lana. dulu masa kecik pun pernah main that kotak beracun game, ada kena menari la menyanyi la berlakon la .. macam2 la heheh ..

ujie, i nak cakap cranium tapi cam tak sesuai untuk budak2 la pulak kan? hehehe ...

dulu my mom suka organize bday party kitorang .. i pun dah lupa la apa game lagi but i like musical chair! hehehe...

Anonymous said...

Thanks Lana & Rozanna. I'll make sure i put kotak beracun in my game list! I think blh buat a box with all the denda inside, so all they have to do is pick one from the box!

Lana, last time we played couple on the paper tu, they had to dance while song is playing, and once the music stopped, they had to freeze, who moved first, they're out!

Rozanna, I do miss our Cranium time, remember the time when it's "everyone plays!", heheheh...

iL4na said...

i miss our winter holiday game sessions that will last until SUBUH!!!! hwaaa missnye missnye jom pindah balik RPI sesama belaja sesama and have fun together all over again sama2. i miss you guyss :((

uji said...

i miss us too :(( I miss our cranium sessions and also watching Arep tertido while we played Clue until wee hours!