Quote

"... from personal experience that when the people we love make choices, we don't always understand them. But we can go on loving them, just the same. It isn't a matter of comprehension. It's forgiveness."
Jodi Picoult - Vanishing Acts

Monday, January 14, 2008

random

As most people know, the election is coming up probably in next few weeks. Me on the other hand is legal to vote, but never bothered to register with the SPR. I've never bothered to know the details of politics in the country. Ignorance is such a bliss... I mean why bother when I'm already involved with other politics, everywhere also politics. Office politics, family politics not forgetting friends politics.

Somehow whether I want to get involved or not, I am stucked in the middle, and being the middle person is yikes.. such not fun. Talking about fun, they say couple in love tend to be blinded by reality, you'll be blinded not to see the bad because you ONLY want to see the good. You say he/she will be goody-two-shoes/loyal/nice/honest once you're serious/engaged/married. The thing is, we can't change people. Despite my best "half-full" view that a real relationship brings the best out of you, makes you a better person, sometimes I think it's just a magical thought of mine. I mean, why do we keep giving excuses for other people's behavior. Yeah, she/he was with other man/woman because she/he was stressed and in need of serious fun yada.. yada.. yada. Who are we fooling other than ourselves. People are what we want to see them. I hope I get to see clearly of everything, and people will do the same to me. On another note, if you want someone perfect, you have to be perfect yourself.

After watching Brothers and Sisters S1 and the rest of S2, I pretended that my family is the walker family. We thrive for the family drama. Hahaha.. So-perasan. Yes, the walker family has 5 siblings, 3 guys and 2 girls (same as mine) and that would make me the perasan kitty-walker. Hmmm, I guess I have to wait for my strong, powerful and handsome Senator McCalister. Hahaha...

My mom was away for the weekend, and my domestic plan didn't go well. My first time of cooking after years of retiring had not been well. It was lemon-chicken (ready-made lee kum lee lemon-chicken paste), and even with that it turned out to be bland. Also, my kek batik turned out to be 'lembik' because my hand was tired to stir the mix.

I have turned cynical. Icks... (wait, does that make me kevin walker, the cynical one in the walker family? heheh)

No comments: