Quote

"... from personal experience that when the people we love make choices, we don't always understand them. But we can go on loving them, just the same. It isn't a matter of comprehension. It's forgiveness."
Jodi Picoult - Vanishing Acts

Wednesday, July 09, 2008

budgetary issues

Truthfully, I've abandoned my quicken from mid-March until April- so that means I have no idea where my money went for those two months. But mmm after checking out my calendar, I knew most of them went for travel. First, my trip to KL in March and another one shopping spree to Bandung in April. This travel-craze gotta stop! It's sooo draining my bank account- maybe I should learn to backpack when travel-save more and travel more...
But from my mid-year audit (should consider auditor as a career) - my expense for fuel in January was ~RM250, while predicted expense for fuel this month is ~RM400++ (that's like almost double of what it used to be!). I would rather spend that extra rm200 on something else like my emergency fund, insurance or even to charity. I'd say that now, but honestly seeing money, I probably spend it on myself. Even now, I've been extremely kedekut with my fuel-only drive to parents home once a week still costs a lot. Should really consider carpooling. It's kinda sayang to see empty passenger seats beside me and at the back (single passenger tambah jammed only). So... I'm advertising myself- any interested hitch hikers??? Don't worrrryyy, I'm an extemely careful driver (hahahaha) and I promise (double promise even) to wake up early!

**Good finance article: Young, Prosperous and Frugal

So from news/rumors, I heard that batch of spm 99 of my school will have its 10 years reunion in January next year. Hmmmm, if I'm like Marissa/Serena/Blair Waldorf, I wouldn't mind showing off my face. But i'd like to think I'm more like Seth Cohen or Dan Humphrey- hehehhe... It's not even confirmed yet, so we'll see if people can actually plan and execute it (i've retired from the planning business yea).

I received sms from Aisya- who mentioned about eco-bag after she read this. This article mentioned how environmental awareness in m'sia is still low. What shocking is this: if we collect the rubbish/garbage m'sian throw away in only NINE days, it could reach the height of KLCC! In average, people are using 8 plastic bags in a week and it takes 100 years to 500 years for plastic to decompose. Apparently recycling in Msia is one of the lowest in the world with only 5% compared to Switzerland 52%, Germany 48% and other european Countries. But it's sooo true, I've never seen a proper recycling center in KK. I mean, I've seen few, but most of recycling bin are filled with other garbage... I've gotten my red-envirosax from mia bambina earlier this year that I just toss in my handbag for my groceries. I wonder if I should learn to make compost (not gelikah this?)....

time for bed... See if I'm rajin to update tomorrow ;)

No comments: