Quote

"... from personal experience that when the people we love make choices, we don't always understand them. But we can go on loving them, just the same. It isn't a matter of comprehension. It's forgiveness."
Jodi Picoult - Vanishing Acts

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

matter of what?

Nope. I'm not a superwoman-wannabe who is busy juggling career, family, friends and night life with coffee latte on my left hand! It's been a hiatus because I'm simply l-a-z-y.

In my last post, I've mentioned about my TEN YEARS high school reunion which is going to be early next year! Gosh, I can't believe next year it's going to be ten freakin' years since I wore that white and light blue uniform. Bad me, I don't quite keep in touch with many of my high school classmates-only few that I still contact from time to time to update on each others life. Very few that I can still talk to the same way since high school. But many I used to be close with, now whenever we meet, it'll be filled with some awkward silence in between. Of course meeting OLD friends (having old friends, mean we've gotten old?), means there's always that standard questions-where do you work, are you married (and if you're not, when you're gonna get married) and how are you questions. I don't blame them, because I ask the same thing! Heheheh...

Well, I'm not sure what's the theme gonna be. But preliminary title is 10 years after high school-married or single. Hmmm, it could've been 10 years later: are you happy with adulthood and would you wish to be teenagers again? 10 years later, do you have 10 thousand ringgit in your account? 10 years later, happy or miserable? Don't you think it could be more divisions to single or married? Like single by choice (commitment phobia), single but want to get married(but nobody wants to marry), single but don't want to get married(no money), single after divorced, married (as the first/second/third/..... wife), married (and happy), married (and miserable). I could go on with the list until forever... I wonder if they're going to split the table even-like singles table, married table, and married(with kids) table. I wonder if I pass the married (with kids) table all I could hear is some discussion on diapers, formulas, nursery, breastpump, and all in between. Then, over at singles table, discussion about cars and gadgets(men, duh!), and some club/concerts for the girls. If these are the case, I will be totally the outcast! But I'm sure it will turn better than my imaginations...

I totally reminded of that tv show when I was in second year (me and rozanna used to watch it- I think). hmmmmm.. show about selected people from the same high school spending time in an island together. Then, they had the chance to say what they wanted to say after high school and stuff.

Okay... Enough about reunions---

Right now-I'm zenning to wake up early every morning(this is coming from someone who woke up at 6am daily in high school). Let's hope I won't be snoozing too much tomorrow morning ;)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh yeah, high school reunion kan? we were glued to the couch every week watching reality shows one after another. me on one end, u on the other.. berbungkus with that navy blue selimut (supposedly utk cover couch kan). hehehe...

uji said...

aaah! high school reunion- yea masa tu crazy with reality shows kan, even for love of money pun every week x penah miss. heheheh.