Quote

"... from personal experience that when the people we love make choices, we don't always understand them. But we can go on loving them, just the same. It isn't a matter of comprehension. It's forgiveness."
Jodi Picoult - Vanishing Acts

Monday, September 15, 2008

crimes etc...

I read rina's entry on how she (her car) was robbed when she was getting her buka puasa food at bazaar ramadhan. I found it funny reading other people response; other people were mostly blaming her because of her kononnya carelessness of leaving laptop in the car rather than blaming the pencuri who was carefree-ly smashing cars and stealing stuff out of people car. Pencuri nowadays mmg not scared of anything anymore. I think we are more scared of them stealing our stuff than them scared of getting caught by us (eh, does this make sense?).

I think that's why I don't jog at tasik likas anymore because there had been cases where wallets/handbags/others were stolen. Some say the pencuri in tasik likas dressed up like joggers then smash car and steal stuff (even before dark). The few times I left them in the boot and went for a run, I was anxious of somebody's gonna steal stuff from my car (not that I was a worry freak). Because if I do lose stuff, I would still be blamed for being careless and "live-in-my-fantasy-world" where all people still don't take others' belonging.

On the same topic of safety, I am still getting many many many many many phonecalls everytime I am (driving) out at night (including when I'm working late). Not to mention if I want to stay alone in the house, that's like a big No-No. Because the excuse is... there's gonna be some penjahat/pencuri or other evil out there gonna come and get me. Why of why? The 3 years since I'm back, it's like I'm being brain washed that everywhere in KK is not safe (especially for girls), and somehow my brain is programmed that way. Does this only happen to me or maybe I'm just surrounded by over-protective people (whom I'm sure doing it because they love me).....

“…there is only one sin ,only one. And that is theft…When you kill a man, you steal a life, Baba said. You steal his wife’s right to a husband, rob his children of a father. When you tell a lie, you steal someone’s right to the truth. When you cheat, you steal the right to fairness”

The Kite Runner (17-18)

Well......good thing that puasa month I get to leave work early....

and we here in sabah get to enjoy off day tomorrow ;)

Until next time, have a safe week everybody!

1 comment:

whimsical said...

hahahahhahaa i so can empathized with ur predicament.They meant well but their persistent warnings sometimes make us "ijap" kan.started to have wild imaginations and bole jadi phobia pula.Seriously,mcm kita mau tampar & pijak2 perut ini penjahat2 kan.For making our life not so free.Well..do take care and jauhi lah tempat2 gelap hehehehe