Quote

"... from personal experience that when the people we love make choices, we don't always understand them. But we can go on loving them, just the same. It isn't a matter of comprehension. It's forgiveness."
Jodi Picoult - Vanishing Acts

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

preparation

I can't wait for my off days! Three more working days until my super-long off days! Hooray.... Not that I'm excited for raya or anything. Celebrating raya when grown up is hmmmm let's just say can be energy consuming. Because if I could, I want to spend my last puasa (off) days by laying down on the couch while watching my long-list of tv shows rather than cleaning the house.

Speaking of tv, most fall tv is here even Heroes! Almost all shows are going to be back next week e.g. Dirty Sexy Money, Chuck, Pushing Daisies, Grey's and others. I think the oldest show I watch now is OTH... I sometimes think that the script writer must've been living in some sort of wrecked life and never had a truly fulfilling relationship. Somehow she/he came up with all the cheesy lines that if they're being said in real world, I think I would turn green. I watched the last episode where Nathan and Haley just got back from the doctor since Nathan's back has been hurting him. So, here what Nathan said to Haley:

Nathan: I played that game for you, Haley and you know what? I’d give it up for you too. Because as much as I love playing the game and the person that I am when I play it, I love being a husband and a father more.

I mean who would say that in real life??? The script writer's significant other might actually say this in real life.

Mr X: I do this because of me and you know what? I will never give it up just for you because you don't like it. Because as much as I enjoy this, I want you to be supportive with what I do. It's part of me, so if you don't like it, screw you.

Heheheheh.. Okay, maybe that's a tad passive-aggresive and quite cynical. I mean as much as I melt over cheesy lines, I still believe actions speak louder than words. Don't pay attention to what they say, because all matters are their actions. Practical and make sense?Anyway, I still enjoy OTH despite the melodramatic twenties years-old life and cheesy scripts. I mean, everyone is entitled to at least one guilty pleasure right?

On training, I did run(sometimes walk) yesterday for 5kms (including 2 km of warm up/cool down). My feet was (still) killing me, my head was throbbing, and no amount of "eye of the tiger" can move my feet any faster. So, I stopped early, and glad to be home then fell asleep at 9pm. This fasting month, normally on work days, I don't really go back to sleep after sahur. I think it would definitely help on my race day where I had to run at 6am (and i'm not even a morning person!!!).

Alamak, race day is coming close... I get anxious just thinking about it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

nice to see your hitting the lake, together with all the ex yfitness members. Dont be too concern about too much about your pace. more on your distance, if your plan is 8km on that day, do the 8km, even if the last few km is just a walk. after awhile it becomes a mental game to get your body over the line. Might wanna grab the linkin park songs from ulai