Quote

"... from personal experience that when the people we love make choices, we don't always understand them. But we can go on loving them, just the same. It isn't a matter of comprehension. It's forgiveness."
Jodi Picoult - Vanishing Acts

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

info: running on empty stomach

Countdown: 17 more days....

Last week, I started running again in the evening because of fear that I can't cope with hours of running next month... So far, I sucessfully get to drag myself to go around the lake. Good thing is I never missed sahur in the morning around 4am. Bad thing is by 4pm, my stomach would grumble... I wonder if running on empty stomach is good or bad? Then, I found this article...

Quote:
"Exercising on an empty stomach does not force the body to burn more fat. In some cases, it actually forces it to break down more muscle to get at amino acids, which is converted into glucose and then helps supply the body with energy. Small amounts of glucose are needed to burn fat. (Supplying muscle to help move the body)."

"Exercising for more than 30 minutes on an empty stomach or at the end of the day is unhealthy and unadvisable since, without the necessary energy to fuel your workout, your body will start using your muscles as an energy source. This is not an efficient form of energy, and you may overexert yourself and experience dizziness or dehydration."

Habislah my muscles will be burned out... I wonder if I should continue with my training... Maybe just walking perhaps to get more endurance?

No comments: