Quote

"... from personal experience that when the people we love make choices, we don't always understand them. But we can go on loving them, just the same. It isn't a matter of comprehension. It's forgiveness."
Jodi Picoult - Vanishing Acts

Tuesday, September 09, 2008

ohhh yummmm

After awhile of using personal laptop for work. I've finally gotten my work laptop last week. It's Dell XPS M1330 in midnight blue. I'm not so fond of the blue color- blue was never my favourite color. Initially I wanted Red (super-hot) or pink (super-cute and sweet), but they don't have it in stock unfortunately. Okay, I'm not supposed to get excited over it ( since it's for work anyway, and when does work=fun?), but it does kinda cool since it has 2mp camera (for webcam-ing) and DVD writer
( i think im gonna test-try this)...

So, maybe I can take the opportunity to do ehemmmm *not* do backup files on DVDs while I still got the chance. So, first thing first, I've got to burn that 17Gb of picture files. Sayang lah these pictures, memories fade but.. pictures stay clear ( i hope!). Years ago, me and friends were soooo rajin to print out our pictures, not one copy but TWO copies of each roll of film. Printing pictures costs about $3.99 per roll, and to print double copy we only had to add $1, so apa lagi everybody printed two copies. So, what to do with the extra extra copies of pictures? In the end, we toss 'em out by the time we had to move out in May . hehehhe...

Soooo... I was doing some photo organizing (it's by year, btw)... Then I saw my travel pictures... (gazillion years ago) and at that time I was still using 2mp digital camera (hey, at that time 2mp is considered very cangggihhh one and other people were still using manual ones).

***for my travel buddies...

It's me, con and mel's trip in dec 2003 (5 yrs ago!)... This trip is surely a memorable one... To save cost, we had booked 1 occupancy room in hoping to squeeze the 3 (small) of us in the room. Unfortunately, we couldn't do that... Even though we tried to use the excuse "ooh, we're just gonna chit chatting, or come up for a bit", but the guy still said "no, you can't come up to the room" in his accent. Hehehehe... Only I could stay, while mel and con had to find another hotel room. It was a day before new year's eve, and most of the hotels were fully booked. Gettting around was hard enough in the city, and we had to find hotels? Good thing we found a hotelroom just nice for 2..

having breakfast in mel and con's room while con was getting ready... (this was us saving cost by bringing bekal to travel)


new year's eve and we did stay until midnight to welcome 2004... we left the place early to avoid cramped Vaporetti, but... we mistakenly rode one which went to the opposite way, in the end that vaporetti went back to the same place we came from and the crowd came in and filled the ferry anyway...


filling film on a manual SLR camera...that time bawa film sampai 7-8 rolls... hehehhe... after develop, took hoursss to sort out pictures...me and con... in that big bag was a big(quite heavy) tripod so that we could take picture like below =)

we took out tripod even in the middle of places.. hehehe... until other person realized and said "look at them, they have a tripod and everything"

okaaay.. enough with the travel pictures... i must say it's kinda therapeutic to look at old pictures... nowwww, i'm itching for a getaway....

until next update....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh my travel pictures!! fun times ey?

uji said...

definitely... definitely... when can we have our summer or winter break again?