Quote

"... from personal experience that when the people we love make choices, we don't always understand them. But we can go on loving them, just the same. It isn't a matter of comprehension. It's forgiveness."
Jodi Picoult - Vanishing Acts

Sunday, November 16, 2008

baby quilt

Few months ago, I bought this super-cute fabric from JKT for my expecting sister. It was abandoned in other tonnes of fabric. I kept imagining how cute it would be as baby bumper or baby quilt... My mom wanted to send it to the tailor, but I suddenly said.... sewing it won't be sooo hard, right? (Grrrr, this lady can't say no!) So I had to use my mom's sewing machine to get this Baby Quilt done... No patchwork because malas and don't know how... So I just sew blue border around the centre fabric.. This one is done based on my common sense and after watching some tutorial on youtube... So, everything main hentam only but surprisingly the finished product turned out better than I expected... So thanks to my assistant (sis) who helped me pinned, ironed and cut the fabric.

This is halfway into the project..
Voila, the finished product!

Up-close...Up-close 2
I think this would be my last (artsy-fartsy) project of 2008!

4 comments:

whimsical said...

this is super super amazing!!!!! Boleh tahan taukeh tukang jahit!!!

uji said...

whimsy: thanks! berpeluh-peluh tokeh kedai jahit ni.... i am waiting for your kedai to open ni, mau beli fabric2 to do projects :)

Sindut said...

It's so pretty! I'm jelos!

uji said...

cindy: thanks. you can start too, i'm the one who says, "everybody can sew!"... heheheh