Quote

"... from personal experience that when the people we love make choices, we don't always understand them. But we can go on loving them, just the same. It isn't a matter of comprehension. It's forgiveness."
Jodi Picoult - Vanishing Acts

Thursday, November 27, 2008

on (young) adulthood

I can't believe how fast time flies! I don't even realize it's been almost THREE years since I started working. Back when being a student, I can't wait to end the all-nighters crazy with assignments and exams. Right now, I can say that time was one the best time in my life. Cheh, dulu bestlah, thinking to start working , earning own money n get to spend on whatever you want (kononnyalah). But now, with the paycheck credited in the account mostly going out to expenses, bills and other responsibilities (sampai want to buy SKII pun fikir 20 million times)

I don't even go to shop much lately... Because I only droool on gadgets!!! Tops, jeans, shoes and bags are mostly out of the drool list because I only shop mostly when I go on trip - either KL or wherever. Despite how drooling the shoes in Charles & Keith- Yes, we have Charles&Keith in KK even before KL has it, tapi... just looking at the pointy 4 inch stiletto, I can feel how it's gonna kill my feet. I take the stairs mostly in the office because I think the elevator is too slow, so there's no way I'm taking the stairs with that stilleto or else I'll be at risk falling down the stairs and break some parts of my body, not to mention the unbearable embarassment. So don't care lah that I'm wearing flats when I'm around in the office, and the girls know this, we all have our flat slipper and '3 inch meeting shoes' which is the shoes we wear to meeting or out etc... But we can't deny how sexy we feels wearing those heels kan girls? Herda wrote about the price of wearing heels here.

On day-to-day: I have to keep myself busy or else I'll be fidgety n crazy. This is a typical taurus-ian. With this lifestyle and the stubborn-headed like mine, I might have to learn to love cats to be my companions when I'm forty. Suddenly I was reminded by a paper that we had to write in UiTM, it was on ideal man/woman and we had to do peer reviews. That time I was the peer for Aneem, and she wrote exactly the description of Wanzaw... Okay, maybe bukan exactlylah (can't remember pun the exact things), tapi mostly he fits perfectly in her ideal man. I mean how lucky is she?

Okay, I gotta dig in my old boxes and find that paper of mine!

Have a pleasant day everyone..

4 comments:

rozanna- said...

i'm more confident when i wear high heels to the office but i do have my share of painful experiences too .. i guess high heels and "network engineer" doesn't really go hand in hand, do they? :)

that's when the slippers come in handy (i simpan bawah my cubicle hehe)

by the way, did u finally buy SKII? If yes, tell me if it works!

Lin Ghazale said...

I can tell this --> SKII did not work on my forehead. When everywhere else was so licin, my forehead was full of bintik2 halus (ada isik dalam dia) ...ooohh but it really did "work" on my pocket.

Ara^Pearl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ara^Pearl said...

Hi Ujiez ... subject SKII is the highest in my highlight for this christmas. At parkson ere in Kuching they sell at rm339 for 6 piece gift set. aduhhh.. I want it so much. but today i only take home with me the iklan - to 'reflect on'. huhuhu. I borrowed my mom's cleanser sekali sekala and nda ada effect on forehead. For some weeks now, I have been considering will it be Lancome or SK2 or Bodyshop or Loreal.i wonder if Olay really works... on shoe-talk, I dislike it that the heels hurt. Why cannot they look fab and feel friendly at same time??