Quote

"... from personal experience that when the people we love make choices, we don't always understand them. But we can go on loving them, just the same. It isn't a matter of comprehension. It's forgiveness."
Jodi Picoult - Vanishing Acts

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Are you up for it?

Ms Ulai ym-ed me about a website. I thought it must've been about food or some outdoor activities or hmmm food. Heheheh..

The website is for Borneo International Marathon which will be held on 12 October 2008(Sunday). I'm surely going to join, not full marathonlah, since that is freaking 42 kilometers. I could barely walk without hyperventilating from the car park to my office. So my target is maybe just to run 10k within the time limit. I doubt that I could join half marathon (that's 21 km, 3 times of 7km sunset charity run for sutera harbor), especially september is fasting month, so can't train during fasting month. Don't blame me, I want to enjoy all the pasar ramadhan food :)

If your 2008 resolutions is to lose weight (like mine), this is the perfect motivation to do so... Plus, some of the registration fees will be donated to charities, so know it that you're doing it for a good cause.

They also have running clinic for beginners near likas sports complex, so might be good opportunity to learn from the running seniors ;)

Early bird registration is before 31 May. So if you want cheaper registration fees, do send/fax your registration form asap okay?

2 comments:

Shan said...

Hi Uji thank you for the props for the Borneo International Marathon. As the event coordinator for B.I.M I am always pleased to come across blog and web entries supporting us.

Please do email me at info@borneomarathon.com should you require more information. Am happy to help.

Best,
Shan

Anonymous said...

wei uji! u think i'm always about foods kah :-P come we go for the half marathon. don't be lazy. it;s a good motivation for us to exercise. even we can't make it to the finish line, there are people on duty to pick us up. klu tiada pun, naik bas sj la balik...ko bayar tambang sy ahh...muahahahaha!