Quote

"... from personal experience that when the people we love make choices, we don't always understand them. But we can go on loving them, just the same. It isn't a matter of comprehension. It's forgiveness."
Jodi Picoult - Vanishing Acts

Saturday, May 24, 2008

female talk

I know most of my blog readers are female... So I guess I don't have to worry so much about writing about female topics...

If you're a guy, maybe you should stop reading ...

I've been obsessed reading a lot of fitness articles lately. Well, not too much until it becomes obsessive. So today, I read about the importance of good sports bra, since I've been thinking of purchasing one or two to add in my closet. Guys might not have any idea why women keep needing reasons to buy things that they don't need eg in my case a super-good sports br@.

"The importance of a good sports bra for runners: Running causes your breasts to bounce and this movement creates stress on the Cooper’s ligaments which are the connective tissues which hold your breasts up.With age these ligaments slacken and breasts begin to sag, however, running can accelerate (reallly????) this syndrome. Sports bras have been specially designed to absorb the shock of bouncing and reduce stress on the ligaments which cause breast sag."

*Info from this website

So, girls do invest in a pair of good running bra or maybe it's time to stop running. Heheh..

*Eh lana, I sounded like the person you said in your blog, investing so much from the neck down only (clothes, shoes, handbags etc), but nothing from the neck up (brain)... Gagagaga..

Secondly, I went to get a medical check up early this month for work purpose. Then, I saw an ad for HPV Vaccination on the wall. I remembered reading about it few months ago in a magazine, it mentioned that the vaccine is now given to girls 11-26 years old(preferably before having s3x) , mostly on western countries. I asked the nurse, she said the cost is around rm400++ and it's given as 3-doses vaccine. Over here, you can get the vaccination if you've had s3x or not.

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) is a common virus that is spread through sexual contact. Most of the time HPV has no symptoms so people do not know they have it. There are approximately 40 types of genital HPV. Somes types can cause cervical cancer in women and can also cause other kinds of cancer in both men and women. Other types can cause genital warts in both males and females. The HPV vaccine works by preventing the most common types of HPV that cause cervical cancer and genital warts. It is given as a 3-dose vaccine.

Info from this website

I'm not sure whether the virus can be transmitted other than from s3xual contacts. I guess if none of the married couple had s3x before, the risk of HPV transmission is low. But if you have doubts of your partner's past (can men be trusted?), maybe it's time to get vaccinated. They say the virus is affecting more women than men (Duh, men don't have cervix!). Married and those who are s.active, pap smear is a good way to detect any infections early(I heard it's ouchy!). But as for the singletons, it's a good thing you and I don't have to worry about all of these things :)

*mel, i think i've been reading too much webmd. i hope you haven't. hehehehe...

Until then, have a fabulous weekend ;)

No comments: