Quote

"... from personal experience that when the people we love make choices, we don't always understand them. But we can go on loving them, just the same. It isn't a matter of comprehension. It's forgiveness."
Jodi Picoult - Vanishing Acts

Sunday, May 25, 2008

influential people

I was bloghopping just now, and stumbled into linachu's blog. I am too lazy to write on what she wrote, so you can click there and read by yourself.

I stayed up late watching these two clips from youtube.

He delivered this speech during CMU's commencement

This is his last lecture.

Passion is something that fills you from inside, and let it not be money nor material things. Also, find true love where his/her happiness is more important than yours.

Randy Pausch was one of the people in Alice's development. It's actually an educational software that teaches people how to program. People use the drag and drop tool to animate their virtual world, and unconsciously learned about the relationship between the codes and the products. 10% of US colleges have started using this software in their classroom. I wish I had the chance to use this when I was taking CS. All I had was boring visual studio where I had to worry about syntax, error, debugging, breakpoint, and all the other stuff. It becomes so technical, and taking c++, there was a big chance that your grade will be c+ as well. I'm curious on how easy it is, so might go and download it here.

No comments: