Quote

"... from personal experience that when the people we love make choices, we don't always understand them. But we can go on loving them, just the same. It isn't a matter of comprehension. It's forgiveness."
Jodi Picoult - Vanishing Acts

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

run while you can...

I had just spent TWO freakin hours on the road... Tired, sleepy and almost dozing off... The tricks to not get bored & pissed off on the road: think happy thoughts, make a list in your head ( I keep memo pad & pencil for my lists in the car!) and sing along to the radio!!!

blergh... tbc...

After much persuasions, I've decided to force myself into my first half marathon! I know, with my laziness much more love to sleep, eat, and laze around, this seems soooo impossible.

But... you can do anything as long as you put your mind on it, right? It takes physical and mental fitness to finish the run. From my calculation, I have exactly 21 weeks to prep myself up for the 21 kilometres run. Gawd, did I just type 21 kilometres and I don't even walk to my grandma's house which is less than 1 km away...

Route (at least if I feel I'm gonna faint, I know there are many hotels on the way that I can go check in! Heheheh)

time limit of borneo international marathon
**both taken from Borneo International Marathon website

I'm not going overboard thinking I should get all the running gears: good running shoes (important!), good running bras (important!), good running tops, running pants, pedometer,(where can I find this?), sunblock and all other accessories... Hmmmmm maybe I do NEED a new running shoes (shopaholic thinking...)

Will be reading running websites for beginners in the next few weeks and set up a training schedules. KK has been raining heavily (with heavy wind) in the evening, how to train like this? Wake up early? That's totalllly out of the questions....

No comments: