Quote

"... from personal experience that when the people we love make choices, we don't always understand them. But we can go on loving them, just the same. It isn't a matter of comprehension. It's forgiveness."
Jodi Picoult - Vanishing Acts

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

payday and budget

I know it's payday when Giant is so full with people pushing their trolley full with 2 big packs of diapers, 3 packs of rice, 1 big bottle of cooking oil, and other miscellaneous groceries. This would be the time you see people paying hundreds of ringgit worth of groceries. Of course when it's 'bulan tua' (middle of the month), then you'll see people buy hmmmm 1 can of sardine, 1 dozen of eggs, basically little amount of food which can last for a week?

Yes it's payday already, but I have such limited fund to last until next month since I'll have my trip next month. I don't know why, the word "budget" just triggers some kind of hormones, somehow the less money you have, the more everything looks sooo inviting and temptious. Is this a Bloomwood's syndrome? Uhuh, I think so...

When I walk across shops that I've walked past by many times in which I didn't see anything interesting, somehow having no money makes you see the pretty of those items. Then walking by a pretty shoe shops (remember that women couldn't have enough shoes??), they're all scream "get me!". Even though not for myself, I always find reason that to get certain items for people in my life. Be it buying a bag full of buns at the bakery or getting a dozen of big apple donuts for the reason it's for the whole family. See.... Growing up in a big family is not bad after all, it's about sharing (is caring).

This gets tricky if you're going for a trip as you have to buy many items for other people, and sometimes in the end forgetting about yourself. Giving gifts is such a pleasure, isn't it? If one is lazy, just get the tourist-tshirt with the BIG destination name on it and everybody's getting the same thing. But for me, I'd like it to be personal. If I know someone is collecting fridge magnet/postcards/keychain, I would buy those. Plus, it makes it easier to shop for souvenirs when you have specific items in mind. But I have thought a better souvenir for people (and myself too!). It's a postcard mailed from foreign countries. Heish, I wonder why this didn't occur to me earlier. Do you know if you go to Eiffel Tower, there's a post office I think somewhere in the middle tower. You can mail a postcard, and get a special mailing chop which says Eiffel Tower!

p/s Those who are going to France, please send me an Eiffel Tower Postcard...

2 comments:

whimsical said...

realy really enjoy reading ur daily musings. ur blog is an everyday must for me.tq 4 sharing

uji said...

Thanks for reading my humble blog, eheheh.. I also enjoyed looking at your pretty vintage fabrics, they're so english style :)