Quote

"... from personal experience that when the people we love make choices, we don't always understand them. But we can go on loving them, just the same. It isn't a matter of comprehension. It's forgiveness."
Jodi Picoult - Vanishing Acts

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Online entrepreneur

Many people are taking the advantage of becoming full time working executive-and- online entrepreneur at the same time. With many free blog hosting, who would want to miss out selling goods online. Of course there are many advantages of doing an e-business, and it's not so hard especially if you have ecommerce software like Ashop Commerce in hand. I’m thinking to start one also, but I have no idea what to sell. Should I start selling the famous Sabah pearls and crystals online? I wonder if I do start an online business, does anybody would want to buy from me?

Even though I graduated with an IT degree, that doesn’t mean I am an expert in online business. To tell you the truth, given a free hosting, I don’t even know where to start on building an online business store especially one with a shopping cart feature! Of course I know the basic html, css and other web-programming, but building one from scratch might take longer. On another note, I personally think having own domain would get wider buyers’ potential, but this would definitely means you need to have more features to accommodate online payment rather than just implementing cash-on-delivery orders. I wish there’s a shopping cart software that can solve my dilemma and accomplish my dream to be an online entrepreneur.

3 comments:

whimsical said...

yes u r very very right o, syok kan to be an online entrepreneur, i read abt a lady in kl selling things, and among them safety pins(!!!) on the e bay and she's earning 500 to 1500 pound a month!!!! amazing kan,RMRM3,500 - RMRM10k duitkita. tq 4 the tips, i ll try to implement ur suggestion abt having sidebar for my items. wish me luck...

whimsical said...

hi me again, i tried to do as u suggets yg mau tag and put in my side bar...but i am so NOT techy o, how to do it?tq.sorry yee for asking

Kim κΉ€ said...

hi...
try www.ashop.com.au , good idea huh/ actually since last yr saya pun ada idea mau buat onlne business but tidak start2 hahaha....