Quote

"... from personal experience that when the people we love make choices, we don't always understand them. But we can go on loving them, just the same. It isn't a matter of comprehension. It's forgiveness."
Jodi Picoult - Vanishing Acts

Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Why do people leave

Do you watch grey's anatomy? Well, if you do... you must know Christina Yang who looooooooves her job (of course this is fiction only-lah). She wished for ruptured aorta as emergency cases. ummmm. How to be like that? I wish that "I WISH " there's some problem with systems that needs fixing. Of course, everyday I wish for the opposite thing, please... please... let there be nothing wrong.... Especially not when the person-in-charge is not here. If you ask me, I'd be totally clueless, or worse I might give the wrong info.

My late friend used to have this passion and determination that I wish I have. Of course in high school, all of us had ambitions to be like this and that while some didn't have any idea (I used to want to be an accountant!). Some stick to their passion, some divert to something else. I've known some friends who were eager to be in the medical field, in the end they turned to engineering. If you're in M'sia, you know how it's like, with the stiff competitions in the local uni, it's hard. You requested for a certain course in your UPU, they gave you a totally different field. Does that explain why some students are flunking out of college, lack of interest?

Anyway, back to my friend, she wanted to be an architect, she was very smart and determined, I envied those very much. Not only that, she was outspoken and stood for what she believed in. Being in high school, you know how it's like with cliques, there are popular/pretty girls who kept comparing who got the most 'abang angkat'/'kakak angkat'. Supposedly if you have more 'abang/kakak angkat' than other people, that means you're pretty and popular (vomit...). I guess it's pretty obvious that I'm not in that group. Heheheh... But she wasn't trying to fit in, she was just being herself. The last time I chatted with her, I was in the middle of quarter-life crisis, I mentioned how unsure I was about my career-path. She said she was glad that she always knew what she wanted to be (in architecture) - at that time she was doing her viva in architecture. Bless her....

Here is an interesting article from the star: When good people leave

Of course with the current situation, scarce job opportunities, can we become picky?

And here's another discussion about ideal workplace. What is your ideal workplace?

No comments: